"drastic increases in printing costs"
The subject line comes from the announcement of the "no print LJ" email.
I have heard this time and time again.....
But I can't understand it!
I can understand "Per copy cost increases due to smaller print runs".
After all, the whole Desktop publishing / electronic typesetting and formatting thing should have massively decreased the set up costs for a print run to nearly zero compared to what it used to be.
But that isn't the claim here.
So why on earth have printing costs drastically increased? Has the computer industry failed totally in it's "Poster Child" application? (Namely typesetting, embedded system controls....?)
Or is the Inkjet Ink scam pushing us back to a pre-Gutenberg Age?
Have people stopped planting trees to paper costs are soaring?
What's happening? What's going on? Why has IT so massively failed?
Hell's Bell's and Buckets of Blood! Must we dig out ye olde hand cranked purple ink sheet and stylus Roneo machines from the museums to get back to "Cheap Desktop Publishing?"
WHAT'S GOING ON OUT THERE!?
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|My Humble Little Game Collection||May 28, 2015|
|New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality||May 27, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat||May 26, 2015|
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
- New Linux Based OS Brings Internet of Things Closer to Reality
- My Humble Little Game Collection
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Non-Linux FOSS: All the Bitcoin, None of the Bloat
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.