I wondered why I hadn't received an LJ issue in what seemed like months. So I managed to get logged into the subscription status page(s) and found that I had indeed paid to renew my subscription. Upon further reading I discovered that LJ stopped printing and has gone digital only. Sigh.
So first thing I do is go to look at the current digital edition. IMHO it sux.
The digital edition of the magazine is awful. I'm not talking about the content. I'm talking about the format, the form factor. This proprietary digital edition reader non sense. My local newspaper does something similar. It allows the publisher to retain the print look and feel, to an extent. But it's utterly awful to use as a reader.
Just use html and the browser the way it was intended to be used for cryin out loud.
This digital edition reader is a big step backwards. Drop the old publishing model. Get current. The web is 20 years old. Wake up.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Linux Systems Administrator
- RSS Feeds
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
7 hours 45 min ago
- It's Jupiter
8 hours 44 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
9 hours 47 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
14 hours 32 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
17 hours 58 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 2 hours ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 6 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 7 hours ago
1 day 9 hours ago
- Belanja Online
1 day 12 hours ago