Article on KVM - hopes dashed
My hopes were raised and quickly dashed after realizing that this months (Jan 2011) article about KVMs were about the Kernel Virtual Machine. I was hoping for iKVM type of article or a KVM switch over ethernet that can control a Linux, Windows, or Mac machine from the boot sequence. It would be nice to see Linux controlling other operating systems remotely. The only problem with this is all the patents, and getting something that is both unique and linux based. I'd even settle for a linux based robot with a video camera that can operate a standard kvm, and then stream the video to justin tv. Anything would be cheaper than whats currently on the market.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development