Announcement: RapidDisk (rxdsk) 1.2b Stable release, a new kind of Linux RAM Disk
I am writing to announce the update release of my Linux RAM disk kernel module RapidDisk (rxdsk). It is currently at a stable 1.2b. This release includes a few optimizations to the rxd block device's request queue and is also now capable of being built in Linux kernel version 2.6.32 all the way to at least 3.0.3. More information can be found at rxdsk.petroskoutoupis.com.
For details on contributing, please reference my contribution page. At the moment, I am really looking for assistance on the performance benchmarking. If you have a 64-bit Linux OS installed on physical 64-bit hardware, I would love to see the results of various benchmarking tests using common benchmarking tools.
- October 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Embedded
- Encrypt Your Dog (Mutt and GPG)
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Download "Build a Private Cloud for Less Than $10,000!"
- Practical Tiny Core in the Fire Service
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- DevOps for Dummies
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- New Products
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal