- Quick and easy to install—plugs in to any standard 2.1 PCI slot.
- Easy to boot up in different operating systems onto a SlotServer in a single host machine via the Virtual Disk Manager (VDM).
- Ability to run diskless Windows and diskless Linux in a Windows or Linux host.
- CPU performance of the SlotServer 1000 is adequate for firewalls and for serving static pages, but not for CPU intensive applications (SlotServer 3000 may be a better option in these cases).
- Currently only one diskless Linux SlotServer may be supported in a Windows or Linux host but this will be increased soon.
- The 1000 only supports up to 512MB of memory. However, the new SlotServer 3000 supports up to 2GB of memory.