Other Uses of Mondo
- Cloning an installation of Linux.
- Backing up a non-RAID filesystem and
restoring it as RAID, including the root partition (if your kernel
- Backing up a system running on one format
and restoring as another format.
- Restructuring your partitions, e.g.,
shrink/enlarge, reassign devices, add hard drives, etc., before you
partition and format your drives. Mondo will restore your data and amend
/etc/lilo.conf and /etc/fstab accordingly.
- Backing up Lin/Win systems, including the
boot sectors. Mondo will make everything right at restore time. However,
do run Scandisk when you first boot into Windows, just in case.
- Verifying the integrity of your computer
with Mondo backups.