Note that the terminology used in some of the previous LCFG documentation is slightly different; components are often referred to as objects or subsystems, and the resource repository is usually called the resource database.
- “COAS: The Caldera Open Administration System”, Olaf Kirch, Linux Journal, February 1999.
- “System Installation and Configuration”, Paul Anderson, SANS Talk, 1997, http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~paul/Slides/config.pdf/.
- “A Comparison of Large-scale Software Installation Methods on NT and UNIX”, Michail Gomberg, et al., LISA NT Conference Paper, 1998, http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/lisa-nt98/gomberg.html/.
- “Towards a High-Level Machine Configuration System”, Paul Anderson, LISA 8 Conference Paper, 1994, http://www.dcs.ed.ac.uk/~paul/Publications/LISA8_Paper.pdf/.
- “A Site Configuration Engine”, Mark Burgess, Computing Systems, 1995, http://www.iu.hioslo.no/~mark/research/cfarticle/cfarticle.html/.