Software Freedom Day
SFD is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
Our goal in this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about
the benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at
home, and in business -- in short, everywhere! The non-profit
organization Software Freedom International coordinates SFD at a global
level, providing support, giveaways and a point of collaboration, but
volunteer teams around the world organize the local SFD events to impact
their own communities.
* Check out our world map to find an event in your area at
* Set up a team and take up the challenge of talking about Software
Freedom to your community! Start with our StartGuide
(http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/StartGuide) to get tons of tips, and
don't forget to register your event to appear on the 2011 map!
|Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development||May 20, 2013|
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
- Using Salt Stack and Vagrant for Drupal Development
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- New Products
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- New Products
- New Products
- The Pari Package On Linux
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- This is the easiest tutorial
3 hours 23 min ago
- Ahh, the Koolaid.
9 hours 2 min ago
- git-annex assistant
15 hours 1 min ago
- direct cable connection
15 hours 24 min ago
- Agreed on AirDroid. With my
15 hours 34 min ago
- I just learned this
15 hours 38 min ago
16 hours 8 min ago
- not living upto the mobile revolution
19 hours 17 sec ago
- Deceptive Advertising and
19 hours 35 min ago
- Let\'s declare that you have
19 hours 36 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi
It's Raspberry Pi month at Linux Journal. Each week in May, Adafruit will be giving away a Pi-related prize to a lucky, randomly drawn LJ reader. Winners will be announced weekly.
Fill out the fields below to enter to win this week's prize-- a Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi.
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- Next winner announced on 5-21-13!
Free Webinar: Linux Backup and Recovery
Most companies incorporate backup procedures for critical data, which can be restored quickly if a loss occurs. However, fewer companies are prepared for catastrophic system failures, in which they lose all data, the entire operating system, applications, settings, patches and more, reducing their system(s) to “bare metal.” After all, before data can be restored to a system, there must be a system to restore it to.
In this one hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for better disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible bare-metal recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.