Software Freedom Day
SFD is a worldwide celebration of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
Our goal in this celebration is to educate the worldwide public about
the benefits of using high quality FOSS in education, in government, at
home, and in business -- in short, everywhere! The non-profit
organization Software Freedom International coordinates SFD at a global
level, providing support, giveaways and a point of collaboration, but
volunteer teams around the world organize the local SFD events to impact
their own communities.
* Check out our world map to find an event in your area at
* Set up a team and take up the challenge of talking about Software
Freedom to your community! Start with our StartGuide
(http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/StartGuide) to get tons of tips, and
don't forget to register your event to appear on the 2011 map!
Special Reports: DevOps
Have projects in development that need help? Have a great development operation in place that can ALWAYS be better? Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
With deep focus on Collaborative Development, Continuous Testing and Release & Deployment, we offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, advice & help from the experts, plus a host of other books, videos, podcasts and more. All free with a quick, one-time registration. Start browsing now...
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Bluetooth Hacks
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview