PyCon 2011: Connecting The Python Community
March 9, 2011 - March 17, 2011
PyCon is the largest annual gathering for the community using and developing the open-source Python programming language.
PyCon is really three events in a row:
- Tutorial Days: Wednesday March 9 & Thursday March 10.
- Learn something new and relevant in intensive 3-hour sessions. The evenings are free for socializing and Open Space.
- Want to teach a class? All you need to know about submitting a proposal can be found here. Notice: the call for proposals is now closed.
- Here are the classes offered this year. [Note: no classes are posted, yet]
- Selected to teach a class? You want to know this.
- Conference Days: Friday March 11 through Sunday March 13.
- See what's going on in the Python world, meet your fellow Pythonistas, share your knowledge and experience, make contacts, brainstorm projects, discuss prospects... the sky's the limit.
- Scheduled talks will happen in the ballrooms. 5 tracks of talks and panels on a wide variety of topics will be presented, with something for everyone. Also we'll have keynote talks every day.
- Open Space sessions: an "unconference" in parallel with the scheduled talks.
- Lightning talks are quick 5-minute talks that you can sign up for at the conference. In a word, lightning talks are FUN!
- The poster session is its second year and will be larger.
- Expo Hall: Meet with representatives of companies using Python, supporting Python, and hiring Pythonistas. Snag some swag!
- Many sponsors will be recruiting, so come prepared with business cards and resumes if you're in the job market. You can also check out the Python Job Board for listings.
- And don't forget the hallway track!
|PasswordPing Ltd.'s Exposed Password and Credentials API Service||Apr 28, 2017|
|Graph Any Data with Cacti!||Apr 27, 2017|
|Be Kind, Buffer!||Apr 26, 2017|
|Preparing Data for Machine Learning||Apr 25, 2017|
|openHAB||Apr 24, 2017|
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
- Graph Any Data with Cacti!
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter