The Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo
Discover the Power of MySQL » MySQL is the world's most popular open-source database, powering web-scale applications such as Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter. MySQL continues to evolve rapidly, reaching more markets and powering more applications every day.
The Percona Live MySQL Conference and Expo is the premiere event for this rich and diverse ecosystem. It is the place to be for the open-source community, as well as the business marketplace within which MySQL thrives.
Percona Live is a meeting ground for the most dynamic exchange of knowledge and information about MySQL and closely related technologies. Experts and newcomers alike share their experiences and challenges, and network to enhance their careers and make their companies succeed. The speakers, program committee, and corporate sponsors are the most influential in the MySQL ecosystem.
In just three days, this deeply technical event will help you reach the next level in skills and knowledge:
- A day of tutorials will give you hands-on experience in solving problems and architecting systems with MySQL
- Attend two days of conference sessions, with speakers from the world's largest MySQL deployments
- Meet the leading companies in the MySQL world face-to-face in the expo hall, and discover revolutionary products and services
- Network at the evening birds-of-a-feather events, lightning talks, and social meetings
- Learn about MySQL, Percona Server, MariaDB, and Drizzle
- Discover how to integrate MySQL with related technologies, such as memcached, Sphinx, MongoDB, PHP, Ruby on Rails, and Java
- Learn how to scale, optimize, and tune the MySQL server and LAMP stack
- Learn how to use MySQL with emerging technologies such as cloud computing, solid-state storage, and NoSQL databases
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Client-Side Performance
- Tibbo Technology's Tibbo Project System
- Sony Settles in Linux Battle
- July 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Peppermint 7 Released
- Libarchive Security Flaw Discovered
- The Giant Zero, Part 0.x
- Profiles and RC Files
- Git 2.9 Released
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide