The Northeast GNU/Linuxfest
The northeast GNU/Linux fest is an advocate of Free software. We hope to bring awareness of Free software to college students their schools, programmers and businesses. We welcome everyone from the new user to the people that have been there from the beginning. Come and learn how Free software can affect accessibility and your business, graphic design, software security and performance along with stability. So lets take back control of our computers and gadets and learn about software Freedom and The 4 Freedoms we should be concerned about. Come to the northeast GNU/Linux fest to learn, teach and talk about Free software and join the Free software revolution. For the benefit of our audience, the 4 freedoms are listed below:
- The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
- The freedom to study how the program works, and change it so it does your computing as you wish (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom 2).
- The freedom to distribute copies of your modified versions to others (freedom 3). By doing this you can give the whole community a chance to benefit from your changes. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux