Year Without DRM
It's time for New Year resolutions and what better than to resolve to not purchase media 'protected' by DRM? Many of us already follow this rule but by pledging this publicly we can educate the masses.
"It is my New Year's Resolution to refuse to purchase any media which is protected by a digital rights management system. DRM restricts me from controlling my media and my devices. If I do not have full control of my device, I do not own it. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything which is restricted by DRM."
YearWithoutDRM.com by Linux Journal subscriber and friend Colin Dean is a site asking the public to resolve to only purchase content which you control for devices you control. We've pledged, have you?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding Firewalld in Multi-Zone Configurations
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter