Year Without DRM
It's time for New Year resolutions and what better than to resolve to not purchase media 'protected' by DRM? Many of us already follow this rule but by pledging this publicly we can educate the masses.
"It is my New Year's Resolution to refuse to purchase any media which is protected by a digital rights management system. DRM restricts me from controlling my media and my devices. If I do not have full control of my device, I do not own it. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything which is restricted by DRM."
YearWithoutDRM.com by Linux Journal subscriber and friend Colin Dean is a site asking the public to resolve to only purchase content which you control for devices you control. We've pledged, have you?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Numerical Python
- Use Linux as a SAN Provider
- RSS Feeds
- Linux-Based X Terminals with XDMCP
- Great Scott! It's Version 13!
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Divx# Watch The Other Woman Full HD Online Streaming Viooz