Year Without DRM
It's time for New Year resolutions and what better than to resolve to not purchase media 'protected' by DRM? Many of us already follow this rule but by pledging this publicly we can educate the masses.
"It is my New Year's Resolution to refuse to purchase any media which is protected by a digital rights management system. DRM restricts me from controlling my media and my devices. If I do not have full control of my device, I do not own it. Therefore, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything which is restricted by DRM."
YearWithoutDRM.com by Linux Journal subscriber and friend Colin Dean is a site asking the public to resolve to only purchase content which you control for devices you control. We've pledged, have you?
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
|Chrome-Colored Parakeets||May 05, 2015|
|Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign||May 04, 2015|
|An Easy Way to Pay for Journalism, Music and Everything Else We Like||May 04, 2015|
|When Official Debian Support Ends, Who Will Save You?||May 01, 2015|
|May 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Cool Projects||May 01, 2015|
|May 2015 Video Preview||May 01, 2015|
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- Chrome-Colored Parakeets
- Tails above the Rest, Part II
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014
- Ubuntu Ditches Upstart
- When Official Debian Support Ends, Who Will Save You?
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- May 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Cool Projects
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- Video On Demand: 8 Signs You're Beyond Cron