Ya Estan Los Votos
On NicaLiving.com I brought up language translation issues. (It has to do with Spanish/English, but for you geeks, just pretend it is about C++ or Perl or something.) My wife asked me what "The votes are in!" on the cover of the current LJ meant (in Spanish).
Well, I took a stab at it and, since then, others have talked about it. The main point is that word-for-word translations suck (in any language including Perl).
So, what is "Ya, estan los votos", literally. "Already, they are the votes."
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
On Demand NOW
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.View Now!
|Dr Hjkl on the Command Line||May 21, 2015|
|Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future||May 20, 2015|
|Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.||May 18, 2015|
|Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution||May 18, 2015|
|Using Hiera with Puppet||May 14, 2015|
|Urgent Kernel Patch for Ubuntu||May 12, 2015|
- Dr Hjkl on the Command Line
- Initializing and Managing Services in Linux: Past, Present and Future
- Goodbye, Pi. Hello, C.H.I.P.
- Enter to Win Archive DVD + Free Backup Solution
- Using Hiera with Puppet
- Gartner Dubs DivvyCloud Cool Cloud Management Vendor
- Infinite BusyBox with systemd
- Mumblehard--Let's End Its Five-Year Reign
- A More Stable Future for Ubuntu
- It's Easier to Ask Forgiveness...