Ya Estan Los Votos
On NicaLiving.com I brought up language translation issues. (It has to do with Spanish/English, but for you geeks, just pretend it is about C++ or Perl or something.) My wife asked me what "The votes are in!" on the cover of the current LJ meant (in Spanish).
Well, I took a stab at it and, since then, others have talked about it. The main point is that word-for-word translations suck (in any language including Perl).
So, what is "Ya, estan los votos", literally. "Already, they are the votes."
- Is the Private Cloud a Real Cloud?
- PostScript, The Forgotten Art of Programming
- Gentoo for All the Unusual Reasons
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Android Candy: Repix, Not Just Another Photo App
- rsync, Part II
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- What Is Multi-Threading?
- Make Stunning Schenker Graphs with GNU Lilypond
- RSS Feeds