Ya Estan Los Votos
On NicaLiving.com I brought up language translation issues. (It has to do with Spanish/English, but for you geeks, just pretend it is about C++ or Perl or something.) My wife asked me what "The votes are in!" on the cover of the current LJ meant (in Spanish).
Well, I took a stab at it and, since then, others have talked about it. The main point is that word-for-word translations suck (in any language including Perl).
So, what is "Ya, estan los votos", literally. "Already, they are the votes."
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
- Not So Dynamic Updates
- New Products
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Tighten Up SSH
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development