Ya Estan Los Votos
On NicaLiving.com I brought up language translation issues. (It has to do with Spanish/English, but for you geeks, just pretend it is about C++ or Perl or something.) My wife asked me what "The votes are in!" on the cover of the current LJ meant (in Spanish).
Well, I took a stab at it and, since then, others have talked about it. The main point is that word-for-word translations suck (in any language including Perl).
So, what is "Ya, estan los votos", literally. "Already, they are the votes."
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
|Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?||Aug 28, 2015|
|A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects||Aug 27, 2015|
- The True Internet of Things
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects
- Build a “Virtual SuperComputer” with Process Virtualization
- My Network Go-Bag