Postby Finlay on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:57 pm
I have a problem on my Windows Vista that began after the purchase of an external Hard Disk Freecom.
A few days after the purchase I disconnected it while it was writing and, since that moment, every time I connect and disconnect it, the PC go to freeze mode for 5 minutes.
The same thing happen even if the hard disk is disconnected: every time I start windows it go to freeze a little after the password, and every time I connect and disconnect a usb device.
I have looked for the solution everywhere, updated windows, uninstalled and installed the hard disk from the device manager but I solved the problem only when I restored a recent backup.
Yesterday the Hard disk was writing a backup while Vista was installing the updates; at the end of the prodeure windows restarted automatically and the problem began again!!!
The Pc go to freeze when it starts, every time I connect or disconnect the hard disk, an usb earphone that has always worked switch on but there is no audio and I don't know how many others usb devices will have problems.
Has anyone an idea to solve this problem before I throw out of the window Vista or the the hard disk?
Burleith DC Homes For Sale
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- RSS Feeds
- New Products
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Personally, I am no longer a
4 min 18 sec ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
13 hours 29 min ago
- It's Jupiter
14 hours 28 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
15 hours 30 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
20 hours 16 min ago
- Studying linux, and looking
23 hours 42 min ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 8 hours ago
- tizen vs android
1 day 12 hours ago
- i switch my choice from KDE
1 day 12 hours ago
1 day 15 hours ago