What Does Open Source Taste Like?
For those of you familiar with twitter, the "microblogging" social-networking tool, you know that it can be a fun way to gather data from a large group of people. If you have a substantial enough group of followers, inevitably, a few are paying attention most of the time, and you will get a handful of interesting responses to almost any question. This is one of my favorite things about twitter. It differs from IRC or other methods of online communication in that it is somewhat disconnected in a way, and each post is fairly autonomous rather than being part of the flow of a traditional chat session.
The other day I posed a sort of silly but fun question. I saw mention of something called Open Source Cupcakes, which I am rather curious about, as I have no clue what it means or if it even has anything to do with open source (feel free to use your imagination and decide what that might mean to you). So as a result, I posed the question, "What does open source taste like?"
The answers for your enjoyment:
luiscerezo: @KatherineD free range gruyere. Smooth, creamy and goes with everything.
msacks: @KatherineD mangos
jeremythegeek: @KatherineD Freedom or Chicken. I can't tell...
ymiris: @KatherineD Eel.
ECazarez: @KatherineD Sometimes it tastes like heaven, sometimes it doesn't ;)
Creech: @KatherineD Delicious like ice cream, but with a recipe you can change yourself.
Happy Thanksgiving! (and to all our non-US readers, happy Thursday!)
|Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)||May 16, 2013|
|Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This||May 15, 2013|
|Home, My Backup Data Center||May 13, 2013|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Seashore||May 10, 2013|
|Trying to Tame the Tablet||May 08, 2013|
|Dart: a New Web Programming Experience||May 07, 2013|
- RSS Feeds
- Making Linux and Android Get Along (It's Not as Hard as It Sounds)
- New Products
- Drupal Is a Framework: Why Everyone Needs to Understand This
- A Topic for Discussion - Open Source Feature-Richness?
- Home, My Backup Data Center
- Validate an E-Mail Address with PHP, the Right Way
- New Products
- Trying to Tame the Tablet
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- git-annex assistant
1 hour 34 min ago
- direct cable connection
1 hour 56 min ago
- Agreed on AirDroid. With my
2 hours 6 min ago
- I just learned this
2 hours 10 min ago
2 hours 41 min ago
- not living upto the mobile revolution
5 hours 32 min ago
- Deceptive Advertising and
6 hours 7 min ago
- Let\'s declare that you have
6 hours 8 min ago
- Alterations in Contest Due
6 hours 9 min ago
- At a numbers mindset, your
6 hours 11 min ago
Enter to Win an Adafruit Prototyping Pi Plate Kit for Raspberry Pi
Congratulations to our winners so far:
- 5-8-13, Pi Starter Pack: Jack Davis
- 5-15-13, Pi Model B 512MB RAM: Patrick Dunn
- Next winner announced on 5-21-13!