Web Stats - Don't Believe A Word Of Em
Ever had a discussion (fist fight) at your organization about your web server statistics? I know I've been there. If you have too, you should probably read this:
I've always known that web-stats were rather unreliable but this lays it out quite nicely. If you use web stats its definitely worth your time to read this.
Mitch Frazier is an Associate Editor for Linux Journal.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Server Hardening
- Unikernels, Docker, and Why You Should Care
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software