Use netstat to See Internet Connections
Using netstat, you can monitor programs that are making connections to remote hosts:
$ netstat -tpe
The -t flag limits the output to show only TCP connections. The -p flag displays the PID and name of the program making the connection. The -e flag displays extra information, such as the user name under which each program is running.
- Tails above the Rest, Part III
- NSA: Linux Journal is an "extremist forum" and its readers get flagged for extra surveillance
- Numerical Python
- Are you an extremist?
- Tails above the Rest: the Installation
- Dolphins in the NSA Dragnet
- RSS Feeds
- Tails above the Rest, Part II
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator