An Udderly Wonderful Christmas Gift
Remember back in August, when there was all the hoopla regarding me in a "Hot Blogger" calendar? Well, your votes paid off, and indeed I grace the eleventh page of the calendar as Mr. November. Seeing myself as a calendar model immediately made me think of cows. (Well, OK, not really -- but bear with me)
While I can't seem to bring myself to solicit sales of a calendar in which I represent an entire month -- I can justify the idea of purchasing a cow for someone in a 3rd world country that really needs one. If you add self-humiliation and lyrical absurdity, heck it almost seems like a dream come true.
From now until Dec 31st, I'm running a pseudo contest in which you can make me dance in a music video, dressed like a cow. I have details over on my website -- please have a look.
Practical books for the most technical people on the planet. Newly available books include:
- Agile Product Development by Ted Schmidt
- Improve Business Processes with an Enterprise Job Scheduler by Mike Diehl
- Finding Your Way: Mapping Your Network to Improve Manageability by Bill Childers
- DIY Commerce Site by Reven Lerner
Plus many more.
- Non-Linux FOSS: Snk
- Building a Multisourced Infrastructure Using OpenVPN
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Server Hardening
- 22 Years of Linux Journal on One DVD - Now Available
- Giving Silos Their Due
- Don't Burn Your Android Yet
- Controversy at the Linux Foundation
- What's New in 3D Printing, Part III: the Software