i am new to ubuntu and would like to know about security programs in general.
in windows, a firewall and a real-time residential antivirus is recommended. is this also the case in ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron? we already have firestarter as a firewall and clamav as an antivirus, but don't know how to verify if they are serving their function.
can other av's be installed and ran as on-demand scanners without conflict? how is this done? newbie-newbies here.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Mars Needs Women
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Mixtapes Community
1 hour 18 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
1 hour 52 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
2 hours 21 min ago
4 hours 15 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
5 hours 35 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
8 hours 8 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
9 hours 5 min ago
- It's Jupiter
23 hours 30 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
1 day 32 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 5 hours ago