ubuntu firewall and av
i am new to ubuntu and would like to know about security programs in general.
in windows, a firewall and a real-time residential antivirus is recommended. is this also the case in ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron? we already have firestarter as a firewall and clamav as an antivirus, but don't know how to verify if they are serving their function.
can other av's be installed and ran as on-demand scanners without conflict? how is this done? newbie-newbies here.
|Privacy Is Personal||Jul 02, 2015|
|July 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Mobile||Jul 01, 2015|
|July 2015 Video Preview||Jul 01, 2015|
|PHP for Non-Developers||Jun 30, 2015|
|A Code Boot Camp for Underprivileged Kids||Jun 30, 2015|
|Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux||Jun 29, 2015|
- Physics Analysis Workstation
- Attack of the Drones
- Django Templates
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory
- PHP for Non-Developers
- Practical Books for the Most Technical People on the Planet
- The AtoMiC Toolkit!
- Take Control of Growing Redis NoSQL Server Clusters
- Comprehensive Identity Management and Audit for Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Privacy Is Personal