ubuntu firewall and av
i am new to ubuntu and would like to know about security programs in general.
in windows, a firewall and a real-time residential antivirus is recommended. is this also the case in ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron? we already have firestarter as a firewall and clamav as an antivirus, but don't know how to verify if they are serving their function.
can other av's be installed and ran as on-demand scanners without conflict? how is this done? newbie-newbies here.
|Omesh Tickoo and Ravi Iyer's Making Sense of Sensors (Apress)||Apr 21, 2017|
|Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi||Apr 20, 2017|
|CodeLathe's Tonido Personal Cloud||Apr 19, 2017|
|Wrapping Up the Mars Lander||Apr 18, 2017|
|MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect||Apr 17, 2017|
|Android Candy: Facebook Everything?!?!||Apr 14, 2017|
- MultiTaction's MT Canvus-Connect
- Gordon H. Williams' Making Things Smart (Maker Media, Inc.)
- Teradici's Cloud Access Platform: "Plug & Play" Cloud for the Enterprise
- Server Technology's HDOT Alt-Phase Switched POPS PDU
- Buddy Platform Limited's Parse on Buddy Service
- Non-Linux FOSS: Control Web-Based Music!
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- Simple Server Hardening
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter
- Low Power Wireless: 6LoWPAN, IEEE802.15.4 and the Raspberry Pi