i am new to ubuntu and would like to know about security programs in general.
in windows, a firewall and a real-time residential antivirus is recommended. is this also the case in ubuntu 8.04 hardy heron? we already have firestarter as a firewall and clamav as an antivirus, but don't know how to verify if they are serving their function.
can other av's be installed and ran as on-demand scanners without conflict? how is this done? newbie-newbies here.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Mars Needs Women
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Web Administration Scripts
- Sublime Is Brilliant!
4 hours 37 min ago
4 hours 57 min ago
- Rapid[Disk,Cache] better than native ram caching?
5 hours 22 min ago
- Nothing is perfect
5 hours 35 min ago
- Mixtapes Community
11 hours 14 min ago
- KDE is one true DE
11 hours 48 min ago
- Command Line Shells (Bash, Zsh, etc.) are 2nd place
12 hours 17 min ago
14 hours 12 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
15 hours 31 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
18 hours 5 min ago