Trine 2 from Frozenbyte
One of the great things about independent game companies is that they realize Linux gamers exist—and we're willing to spend money. Frozenbyte is the indie game developer that brought us Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor and Trine. Frozenbyte was kind enough to send me a review copy of its newest release, Trine 2.
As an obvious sequel to the original, Trine 2 is a platform-based side-scroller. It has stunning graphics, rich sounds and a pleasant storyline. The game revolves around solving physics puzzles in a fantasy-based world. It's no secret I'm a rather poor gamer, but Trine 2 is enjoyable even for a part-time player like myself. It also supports multiplayer co-op mode for up to three players. Multiplayer mode works both on the local network and over the Internet.
I'll admit, it took a little while to get used to jumping with the W key (Trine 2 uses the WASD keys for movement), but that wasn't a big deal. I was able to jump right in and start playing. I truly appreciated the ability to skip past cut scenes and get right to the action. If you're in the mood for a fun game with great graphics, I highly recommend Trine 2.
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Sep 04, 2015|
|Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet||Sep 03, 2015|
|The True Internet of Things||Sep 02, 2015|
|September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs||Sep 01, 2015|
|September 2015 Video Preview||Sep 01, 2015|
|Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic||Aug 31, 2015|
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Using tshark to Watch and Inspect Network Traffic
- Problems with Ubuntu's Software Center and How Canonical Plans to Fix Them
- The True Internet of Things
- Android Candy: Copay—the Next-Generation Bitcoin Wallet
- September 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: HOW-TOs
- Firefox Security Exploit Targets Linux Users and Web Developers
- Concerning Containers' Connections: on Docker Networking
- Where's That Pesky Hidden Word?
- A Project to Guarantee Better Security for Open-Source Projects