There's an App for That
The concept of standalone Web apps isn't new. Anyone using Prism with Firefox or Fluid with OS X understands the concept: a browser that goes to a single Web site and acts like a standalone application—sorta.
With Fogger, however, Web applications take on a whole new meaning. Using a variety of desktop APIs and user scripts, applications created with the Fogger framework integrate into the Linux desktop very much like a traditional application. If you've ever found Web apps to be lacking, take a look at Fogger; it makes the Web a little easier to see: https://launchpad.net/fogger.
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- On Your Marks, Get Set...Gutsy Gibbon!
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux