There's an App for That
The concept of standalone Web apps isn't new. Anyone using Prism with Firefox or Fluid with OS X understands the concept: a browser that goes to a single Web site and acts like a standalone application—sorta.
With Fogger, however, Web applications take on a whole new meaning. Using a variety of desktop APIs and user scripts, applications created with the Fogger framework integrate into the Linux desktop very much like a traditional application. If you've ever found Web apps to be lacking, take a look at Fogger; it makes the Web a little easier to see: https://launchpad.net/fogger.
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Synacor, Inc.'s Zimbra Open Source Support and Zimbra Suite Plus
- Stepping into Science
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Girls and Software
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II
- Call MisterHouse to Regulate Your Heat
- FutureVault Inc.'s FutureVault