There's an App for That
The concept of standalone Web apps isn't new. Anyone using Prism with Firefox or Fluid with OS X understands the concept: a browser that goes to a single Web site and acts like a standalone application—sorta.
With Fogger, however, Web applications take on a whole new meaning. Using a variety of desktop APIs and user scripts, applications created with the Fogger framework integrate into the Linux desktop very much like a traditional application. If you've ever found Web apps to be lacking, take a look at Fogger; it makes the Web a little easier to see: https://launchpad.net/fogger.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- RSS Feeds
- Creating VPNs with IPsec and SSL/TLS
- Writing a Simple USB Driver