Tech Tip: Restore Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in Ubuntu
In the last release of Ubuntu (9.04) the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace key sequence normally used to kill the X server was disabled by default. Apparently many people like to kill their X server this way so a workaround "dontzap" package was used to enable it. With the latest Ubuntu release (9.10, aka Karmic) it's even simpler to enable it.
To enable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in latest Karmic release simply go to:
System –> Preferences –> Keyboard –> Layout (Tab) –> Layout Options –> Key sequence to kill the X server –> (Tick) Control + Alt + Backspace.
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Custom checks and notifications for Nagios
- Stepping into Science
- Linux Journal December 2016
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- OpenSSL Hacks
- Radio Free Linux
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part II