Tech Tip: Restore Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in Ubuntu
In the last release of Ubuntu (9.04) the Ctrl+Alt+Backspace key sequence normally used to kill the X server was disabled by default. Apparently many people like to kill their X server this way so a workaround "dontzap" package was used to enable it. With the latest Ubuntu release (9.10, aka Karmic) it's even simpler to enable it.
To enable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace in latest Karmic release simply go to:
System –> Preferences –> Keyboard –> Layout (Tab) –> Layout Options –> Key sequence to kill the X server –> (Tick) Control + Alt + Backspace.
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Readers' Choice Awards--Nominate Your Apps & Gadgets Now!
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- Technical Support Rep
- RSS Feeds
- ~Putlocker~2014 Watch Boyhood Online Streaming Full Movie
- Security Hardening with Ansible