Tech Tip: Keep Your Monitor Awake with Caffeine
One of my favorite new apps is a little system tray app called caffeine (and here). It's simple, yet very practical, its purpose is to inhibit a screen saver or sleep mode, which is great while watching flash videos on sites like hulu.
Caffeine is written using GTK for the user interface, so it's very GNOME friendly, but it can be used on any Linux OS. It has a PPA for Ubuntu users (see the launchpad link) and it works great for me on Ubuntu Karmic.
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Preseeding Full Disk Encryption
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now
- Chemistry on the Desktop
- FinTech and SAP HANA
- Two Factors Are Better Than One
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- GRUB Boot from ISO
- Minifree Ltd.'s GNU+Linux Computers