Tech Tip: Color man Pages
To add a bit of color to your man pages install the most pager. For most DEB based distros:
$ sudo apt-get install most
For most RPM based distros:
$ yum install most
Failing these, get the source here.
Now set the pager used by man and try running man:
$ export MANPAGER="/usr/bin/most -s # or export MANPAGER="/usr/local/bin/most -s" $ man bash
Add the setting of MANPAGER to your shell ~/.profile to make the setting available when you login.
- An Introduction to Tabled Logic Programming with Picat
- Ubuntu MATE, Not Just a Whim
- Getting a Windows Refund in California Small Claims Court
- Build Your Own Raspberry Pi Camera
- Nasdaq Selects Drupal 8
- Non-Linux FOSS: Screenshotting for Fun and Profit!
- Secure Desktops with Qubes: Compartmentalization
- A New Mental Model for Computers and Networks
- The Peculiar Case of Email in the Cloud
- Canonical Ltd.'s Ubuntu Core