Tech Tip: Color man Pages
To add a bit of color to your man pages install the most pager. For most DEB based distros:
$ sudo apt-get install most
For most RPM based distros:
$ yum install most
Failing these, get the source here.
Now set the pager used by man and try running man:
$ export MANPAGER="/usr/bin/most -s # or export MANPAGER="/usr/local/bin/most -s" $ man bash
Add the setting of MANPAGER to your shell ~/.profile to make the setting available when you login.
- Machine Learning Everywhere
- Smoothwall Express
- Own Your DNS Data
- Bash Shell Script: Building a Better March Madness Bracket
- Simple Server Hardening
- Understanding OpenStack's Success
- From vs. to + for Microsoft and Linux
- Ensono M.O.
- The Weather Outside Is Frightful (Or Is It?)
- IGEL Universal Desktop Converter