Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!
Have you ever installed Linux, only to be greeted immediately with the system update notification applet? If you have a fast Internet connection or, even better, a local Ubuntu mirror (see http://www.linuxjournal.com/video/mirror-partner-repo-canonical for some tips on creating your own local mirror), you can use the "Installation Minimal CD" and get a fully up-to-date system the first time it boots.
Another advantage to using the Installation Minimal CD is that it allows you to install any official Ubuntu variant with the same CD. Whether you want Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu or even the more specialized *buntus for video editing and such, the Minimal CD can do it. Download a copy at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD. It's less than 20MB!
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Advanced Hard Drive Caching Techniques
- Linux Kernel News - November 2013
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Mars Needs Women
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Web Administration Scripts
- Linux Systems Administrator
- animal pajamas
1 hour 17 min ago
- thanks for you post.
1 hour 24 min ago
- thanks for share, great
18 hours 38 min ago
- There are factors which are
23 hours 37 min ago
- Gnome 3 ?
1 day 22 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 4 hours ago
- "Redis RethinkDB 4.5%" on Best NoSQL Databases
1 day 14 hours ago
- on the ground
1 day 20 hours ago
- I was able to read the whole
1 day 22 hours ago
- since i have read the title i
2 days 1 hour ago