Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!
Have you ever installed Linux, only to be greeted immediately with the system update notification applet? If you have a fast Internet connection or, even better, a local Ubuntu mirror (see http://www.linuxjournal.com/video/mirror-partner-repo-canonical for some tips on creating your own local mirror), you can use the "Installation Minimal CD" and get a fully up-to-date system the first time it boots.
Another advantage to using the Installation Minimal CD is that it allows you to install any official Ubuntu variant with the same CD. Whether you want Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu or even the more specialized *buntus for video editing and such, the Minimal CD can do it. Download a copy at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD. It's less than 20MB!
|August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming||Aug 01, 2014|
|August 2014 Video Preview||Aug 01, 2014|
|Open-Source Space||Jul 31, 2014|
|Silicon Mechanics Gives Back||Jul 30, 2014|
|Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time||Jul 29, 2014|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 23, 2014|
- August 2014 Issue of Linux Journal: Programming
- Open-Source Space
- Numerical Python
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Download "Private PaaS for the Agile Enterprise"
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Cooking with Linux - Serious Cool, Sysadmin Style!
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development