Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!
Have you ever installed Linux, only to be greeted immediately with the system update notification applet? If you have a fast Internet connection or, even better, a local Ubuntu mirror (see http://www.linuxjournal.com/video/mirror-partner-repo-canonical for some tips on creating your own local mirror), you can use the "Installation Minimal CD" and get a fully up-to-date system the first time it boots.
Another advantage to using the Installation Minimal CD is that it allows you to install any official Ubuntu variant with the same CD. Whether you want Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu or even the more specialized *buntus for video editing and such, the Minimal CD can do it. Download a copy at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD. It's less than 20MB!
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Customizing Vim
- Monitoring Android Traffic with Wireshark
- Linux Timeline
- Writing a Linux Driver
- Building and Integrating a Small Office Intranet