Stop Installing Outdated Ubuntu!
Have you ever installed Linux, only to be greeted immediately with the system update notification applet? If you have a fast Internet connection or, even better, a local Ubuntu mirror (see http://www.linuxjournal.com/video/mirror-partner-repo-canonical for some tips on creating your own local mirror), you can use the "Installation Minimal CD" and get a fully up-to-date system the first time it boots.
Another advantage to using the Installation Minimal CD is that it allows you to install any official Ubuntu variant with the same CD. Whether you want Ubuntu, Xubuntu, Kubuntu or even the more specialized *buntus for video editing and such, the Minimal CD can do it. Download a copy at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/MinimalCD. It's less than 20MB!
Win an iPhone 6
Enter to Win
|Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?||Nov 25, 2015|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.||Nov 24, 2015|
|Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH||Nov 23, 2015|
|Web Stores Held Hostage||Nov 19, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Nov 17, 2015|
|Recipy for Science||Nov 16, 2015|
- Non-Linux FOSS: Install Windows? Yeah, Open Source Can Do That.
- Cipher Security: How to harden TLS and SSH
- Microsoft and Linux: True Romance or Toxic Love?
- Simple Photo Editing, Linux Edition!
- Web Stores Held Hostage
- Firefox's New Feature for Tighter Security
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- It's a Bird. It's Another Bird!
- IBM LinuxONE Provides New Options for Linux Deployment
- November 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration