Stephen Fry Loves Linux
Until today I only knew of Stephen Fry, wonderful British actor, but now I have learned of a completely new side to this man. As it turns out, he is also Stephen Fry, Linux enthusiast. Way to go, Stephen.
He believes that most people's computers will be running a version of Linux with the next five years and that "your life will be better and happier as a result." Lofty goal perhaps, but an opinion worth noting.
He is quite enthusiastic about his Asus EEE PC, and like many see its potential to pave the way for greater adoption of Linux all around.
I am writing this article on a kind of mini John the Baptist, a system that prepares the way of the software saviour whose coming will deliver the 90% of world computer users who suffer under Windows from the expensive, clumsy, costly, ugly, pricey toils of Microsoft.
I must say I am fairly amused by his likening the Asus (in his blog which runs on WordPress... love this guy) to John the Baptist, but after all he does have quite a flair for drama.
|Hacking a Safe with Bash||Jul 28, 2015|
|KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile||Jul 28, 2015|
|Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu||Jul 23, 2015|
|diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development||Jul 22, 2015|
|Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator||Jul 21, 2015|
|Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems||Jul 20, 2015|
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- General Relativity in Python
- One Port to Rule Them All!