So what's the deal with Adobe AIR?
I am pretty excited to hear that Adobe is working toward a release of AIR (Adobe Integrated Runtime) for Linux, and just wondered what the rest of you think.
I think the underlying motivation for working with Linux is the combined market of Linux desktop and future mobile users. So my question is, did they just swing open a huge door with this? Will this bring us access to a world of great apps?
Anyone out there testing it on Linux?
Please share any opinions or experiences with us!
This is Kevin Lynch speaking about AIR at Engage 2008. Linux appears about 1:15 into it.
Free DevOps eBooks, Videos, and more!
Regardless of where you are in your DevOps process, Linux Journal can help!
We offer here the DEFINITIVE DevOps for Dummies, a mobile Application Development Primer, and advice & help from the expert sources like:
- Linux Journal
- New Products
- Flexible Access Control with Squid Proxy
- Users, Permissions and Multitenant Sites
- Security in Three Ds: Detect, Decide and Deny
- Solving ODEs on Linux
- Tighten Up SSH
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DevOps: Everything You Need to Know
- Non-Linux FOSS: MenuMeters
- Android Candy: Bluetooth Auto Connect