server with 2 ethernet cards
I 've a problem with my net.
I've xubuntu 7.10, on a pc with 2 ethernet cards.
I want create a server with firewall
gateway(n,m,0,254) _____ server
my net--->(layer n,m,0,x)-->|eth0 |
| | gateway eth1
|_eth1|--->layer n,m,1,x----------->(modem adsl)--->INTERNET
I can configure both eth0 e eth1 but i cannot configure the route between the two cards (I need to see internet in my net..) I can see from the server internet...
How can i create the route between eth0 and eth1? I've tried with: route add -net n,m,0,254 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw n,m,1,1 but it says that the netmask is unuseful and when i don't give the netmask this become automatically 255.255.255.255 ....
Please help me..
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development