SCALE Call for Papers Opens Today
From the SCALE organizers (you might recognize one of them from our August cover):
The Linux Exposition of Southern California is proud to announce the 10th annual Southern California Linux Expo -- SCALE 10x -- will be held January 20-22, 2012 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel.
The SCALE Call For Papers opens August 25, 2011. Submittals for a wide range of topics around Open Source software will be considered.
To submit your proposal, go to http://cfp.socallinuxexpo.org.
The SCALE Team
Go get those proposals in, and I hope to see you there!
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part I
- Machine Learning with Python
- SUSECON 2016: Where Technology Reigns Supreme
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Free Today: September Issue of Linux Journal (Retail value: $5.99)
- Bitcoin on Amazon! Sort of...
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Securing the Programmer
- The Many Paths to a Solution
Pick up any e-commerce web or mobile app today, and you’ll be holding a mashup of interconnected applications and services from a variety of different providers. For instance, when you connect to Amazon’s e-commerce app, cookies, tags and pixels that are monitored by solutions like Exact Target, BazaarVoice, Bing, Shopzilla, Liveramp and Google Tag Manager track every action you take. You’re presented with special offers and coupons based on your viewing and buying patterns. If you find something you want for your birthday, a third party manages your wish list, which you can share through multiple social- media outlets or email to a friend. When you select something to buy, you find yourself presented with similar items as kind suggestions. And when you finally check out, you’re offered the ability to pay with promo codes, gifts cards, PayPal or a variety of credit cards.Get the Guide