Run Windows XP on Ubuntu with Virtualbox
VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is a professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
The below video by EdgyRootStudios demonstrates how to run Microsoft Windows XP on Linux Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.1.0 using VirtualBox.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- July 2016 Issue of Linux Journal
- Client-Side Performance
- Tibbo Technology's Tibbo Project System
- Libarchive Security Flaw Discovered
- Sony Settles in Linux Battle
- Peppermint 7 Released
- Profiles and RC Files
- Snappy Moves to New Platforms
- The Giant Zero, Part 0.x