Run Windows XP on Ubuntu with Virtualbox
VirtualBox is a general-purpose full virtualizer for x86 hardware. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is a professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
VirtualBox runs on Windows, Linux, Macintosh and OpenSolaris hosts and supports a large number of guest operating systems including but not limited to Windows (NT 4.0, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Vista), DOS/Windows 3.x, Linux (2.4 and 2.6), and OpenBSD.
The below video by EdgyRootStudios demonstrates how to run Microsoft Windows XP on Linux Ubuntu Edgy Eft 6.1.0 using VirtualBox.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Transitioning to Python 3
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- A Better Raspberry Pi Streaming Solution
- What is your favorite Linux distribution for use on the desktop?
- Stepping into Science
- Radio Free Linux
- Linux Journal December 2016
- Red Hat OpenStack Platform
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- CORSAIR's Carbide Air 740