Revolution Through Software
Well, an article in The Daily Radical offers a different look—for some, a reminder look—at who we really are. The article is about the Third International Forum on Free Knowledge which was held in Venezuela but it goes way beyond in looking at what is going on in Venezuela.
Pretty different look than "yeah, Linux is mainstream".
The Venezuelan revolution is perhaps the first revolution in history saved by computer hackers and is one of the reasons the government is so very strong on promoting the use of free software, particularly in public administration. The Venezuelan government wishes never again to have vital infrastructure held hostage or sabotaged by agents of foreign nations.
Special Reports: DevOps
- SUSE – “Will not diverge from its Open Source roots!”
- Dealing with Boundary Issues
- Vagrant Simplified
- Libreboot on an X60, Part I: the Setup
- System Status as SMS Text Messages
- Bluetooth Hacks
- October 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: Raspberry Pi
- Disney's Linux Light Bulbs (Not a "Luxo Jr." Reboot)
- New Products
- October 2015 Video Preview