Reddit Opens Up
The popular social bookmarking site Reddit announced yesterday that their code would now be open and free for scrutiny and contribution from the community. Citing transparency and giving back to the community that has given them the tools to build Reddit, they encourage users to visit http://code.reddit.com and participate.
A video announcement by their mascot explains the move.
A lot of readers visit us from Reddit, and I am curious to know your feelings on this strategy. Will this give them an edge over the competition with users in the tech community? Will you be more likely to use Reddit now that the source is open?
Let us know in the comments.
One Click, Universal Protection: Implementing Centralized Security Policies on Linux Systems
Join editor Bill Childers and Bit9's Paul Riegle on April 27 at 12pm Central to learn how to keep your Linux systems secure.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Cluetrain at Fifteen
- Getting Good Vibrations with Linux
- Embedding Python in Your C Programs
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- New Products
- Customizing Vim
- Security Hardening with Ansible
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Putlocker!! Watch Begin Again Online 2014 Streaming Full Movie