I am a new user to Linux.
I have a laptop loaded with Red Hat 8.0 and would like to install Firefox 3.0 on it. It states that I must have certain levels of various programs (Gnome 2.16) for example in order to do so. I do not know how to update these items such as Gnome. I am a former/current Windows user.
Can anyone give me some assistance or point me to a place to obtain such basic information as how to update various applications of Linux?
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- IBM Will Minimize Impact of Future Disasters
- December 2013 Issue of Linux Journal: Readers' Choice
- Sublime Text: One Editor to Rule Them All?
- RSS Feeds
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer
- New Products
1 hour 41 min ago
- yes it's Jupiter Broadcasting
3 hours 1 min ago
- nice to see PClinuxOS finally
5 hours 35 min ago
- Personally, I am no longer a
6 hours 31 min ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
19 hours 56 min ago
- It's Jupiter
20 hours 56 min ago
- GIMP is certainly a graphic
21 hours 58 min ago
- Thanks For Your Sharing
1 day 2 hours ago
- Studying linux, and looking
1 day 6 hours ago
- voting for Best Linux Distribution
1 day 14 hours ago