RailsConf 2006 is done, next up is the RailsConf Europe 2006
Well, the biggest news in the Ruby world this last week has been RailsConf (and of course, all the news that broke there). I didn't get to go, so I've been trying to follow the various blogs about how it went. You know things were good when you see comment's like this one (by Curt Hibbs), "My notes for this talk are completely blank because it was so engrossing that I forgot to write anything down!".
One big announcement was Streamlined, a new set of generators for Rails that actually produce production ready code instead of ugly scaffolding. It looks like a very cool step forward.
My favorite blogging about the conference is probably Curt's,
Eric Kastner also did a great job over on his blog.
You can always find interesting coverage of the Ruby world (and currently of RailsConf) over at RubyCorner. Are you signed up? Is your blog registered? Quick, run!
Thanks for reading. As always, I'd like to see your thoughts about what's been important/interesting in the Ruby world recently, so please leave a comment. See you next week.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- AIDE—Developing for Android on Android
- Best. Cake. Ever.
- Two Pi R
- The Geek's Guide to the Coolest 2013 Holiday Gifts
- Non-Linux FOSS: Let's Make Music Together
- A Handy U-Boot Trick
- Raspberry Pi: the Perfect Home Server
- RSS Feeds
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
1 hour 42 min ago
- Thanks for clearing that up.
7 hours 5 min ago
- Nice coding on the cake. I
18 hours 37 min ago
- Baker's identity
23 hours 26 min ago
- Uber jealous
1 day 4 hours ago
- Reality is disapointing
1 day 14 hours ago
- Máy sấy quần áo
1 day 17 hours ago
- Services on GlusterFS
1 day 17 hours ago
- Reply to comment | Linux Journal
1 day 19 hours ago
- Definitely cool stuff here
1 day 20 hours ago