Rails Gig to Drool Over
Every once in awhile we hear of a cool job that we know Linux Journal readers would drool over. This time it's our friends over at Inventables and they're hiring for a Lead Developer, Programmer.
Job description (partial):
Our web app helps companies you've heard of like Microsoft X-Box, Colgate Toothpaste, Wrigley Gum, and Mercedes-Benz make better products for consumers. It does this by connecting our customers that make consumer products to our vendors that make innovative materials and technologies like gel magnets, tension sensing rope, and stainless steel yarn. Think of us like a dating site for technology seekers and sellers. The internet makes lots of information available but it's really challenging and time consuming to source new materials. Our mission is to make it SIMPLE to source and sell these cool technologies globally.
The first phase will be taking our current web app written in ASP and doing a re-write in Ruby on Rails using TDD. The reason we are doing the re-write is we want to clean up the code base and set it up to quickly make improvements customers care about without breaking legacy code. The second phase will be to make improvements we've identified need to happen by observing our customer behavior.
The third phase will be to build a sister application to our current app - we'll tell you more about that later.
Find out more about this job on the Inventables web site.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!
- GENIVI Alliance's GENIVI Vehicle Simulator
- The Tiny Internet Project, Part III
- Rogue Wave Software's TotalView for HPC and CodeDynamics
- NethServer: Linux without All That Linux Stuff
- Jetico's BestCrypt Container Encryption for Linux
- Sometimes My Office Goes with Me