Rails Gig to Drool Over
Every once in awhile we hear of a cool job that we know Linux Journal readers would drool over. This time it's our friends over at Inventables and they're hiring for a Lead Developer, Programmer.
Job description (partial):
Our web app helps companies you've heard of like Microsoft X-Box, Colgate Toothpaste, Wrigley Gum, and Mercedes-Benz make better products for consumers. It does this by connecting our customers that make consumer products to our vendors that make innovative materials and technologies like gel magnets, tension sensing rope, and stainless steel yarn. Think of us like a dating site for technology seekers and sellers. The internet makes lots of information available but it's really challenging and time consuming to source new materials. Our mission is to make it SIMPLE to source and sell these cool technologies globally.
The first phase will be taking our current web app written in ASP and doing a re-write in Ruby on Rails using TDD. The reason we are doing the re-write is we want to clean up the code base and set it up to quickly make improvements customers care about without breaking legacy code. The second phase will be to make improvements we've identified need to happen by observing our customer behavior.
The third phase will be to build a sister application to our current app - we'll tell you more about that later.
Find out more about this job on the Inventables web site.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
|NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation||Mar 30, 2017|
|SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension||Mar 29, 2017|
|Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value||Mar 29, 2017|
|smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer||Mar 28, 2017|
|How to Calculate Flash Storage TCO||Mar 27, 2017|
|Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!||Mar 27, 2017|
- NTPsec: a Secure, Hardened NTP Implementation
- smbclient Security for Windows Printing and File Transfer
- Hybrid Cloud Storage Delivers Performance and Value
- SUSE Linux Enterprise High Availability Extension
- Returning Values from Bash Functions
- Non-Linux FOSS: Don't Drink the Apple Kool-Aid; Brew Your Own!
- William Rothwell and Nick Garner's Certified Ethical Hacker Complete Video Course (Pearson IT Certification)
- Hodge Podge
- HOSTING Monitoring Insights
- Three EU Industries That Need HPC Now