Putting a retired appliances to work.
Part of my load balancer farm was made obsolete when the vendor (Juniper) announced retirement of the DX product line. The product line was acquired from Redline Networks and retired fairly quickly.
I'd like to reload these boxes with a Linux distribution and release them to the security team. There are regular articles about turning an old computer into a useful appliance, but I'm wanting to re-purpose some old appliances as more flexible Linux servers. It's a shame to see these powerful servers going to waste.
I'll be cracking the boxes open this weekend to see if I can identify the system board. Suggestions or links to resources would be appreciated.
- Open-Source Space
- Numerical Python
- Silicon Mechanics Gives Back
- Reglue: Opening Up the World to Deserving Kids, One Linux Computer at a Time
- Our Assignment
- Talking to Twitter
- Quantum Cryptography
- New Storage Solution is Music to the Ears of Fast-Growing Digital Music Company
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Linux Systems Administrator