Putting a retired appliances to work.
Part of my load balancer farm was made obsolete when the vendor (Juniper) announced retirement of the DX product line. The product line was acquired from Redline Networks and retired fairly quickly.
I'd like to reload these boxes with a Linux distribution and release them to the security team. There are regular articles about turning an old computer into a useful appliance, but I'm wanting to re-purpose some old appliances as more flexible Linux servers. It's a shame to see these powerful servers going to waste.
I'll be cracking the boxes open this weekend to see if I can identify the system board. Suggestions or links to resources would be appreciated.
- Goldtouch Semi-Vertical Mouse
- My Childhood in a Cigar Box
- Let's Go to Mars with Martian Lander
- Applied Expert Systems, Inc.'s CleverView for TCP/IP on Linux
- Papa's Got a Brand New NAS
- VMware's Clarity Design System
- Transferring Conserver Logs to Elasticsearch
- Panther MPC, Inc.'s Panther Alpha
- Simplenote, Simply Awesome!