Putting a retired appliances to work.
Part of my load balancer farm was made obsolete when the vendor (Juniper) announced retirement of the DX product line. The product line was acquired from Redline Networks and retired fairly quickly.
I'd like to reload these boxes with a Linux distribution and release them to the security team. There are regular articles about turning an old computer into a useful appliance, but I'm wanting to re-purpose some old appliances as more flexible Linux servers. It's a shame to see these powerful servers going to waste.
I'll be cracking the boxes open this weekend to see if I can identify the system board. Suggestions or links to resources would be appreciated.
- Readers' Choice Awards 2014 Poll
- Give new life to old phones and tablets with these tips!
- Memory Ordering in Modern Microprocessors, Part I
- [<Megashare>] Watch Mrs Brown's Boys Movie Online Full Movie HD 2014
- Source Code Scanners for Better Code
- Identifying Swift Opportunities Relating to interview transcript holocaust
- RSS Feeds
- Linux Systems Administrator
- Senior Perl Developer