Prepping for 2010 Readers' Choice Awards
In preparation of our annual Readers' Choice Awards survey, we'd like to get your input on categories. Following is a list of all past categories. What is missing that you'd like to see added this year? Readers' Choice Awards are always a fun time for us to see what the readership is partial to that year, and a great opportunity for us to share with those newer to Linux what they should consider using.
Please leave comments below with your input. We will greatly value any feedback we get. Lets make the 2010 Readers' Choice the most useful, fun and best yet!
Past categories have included, "Select your Favorite..."
- primary Linux distribution of choice
- desktop environment
- web browser
- e-mail client
- office program
- audio tool
- audio player
- media player
- communications tool
- graphics/design tool
- digital photo management tool
- text editor
- revision control system
- monitoring application
- programming language
- scripting language
- GUI remote access or network computing solution
- platform for developing Rich Internet Apps
- virtualization solution
- backup system
- backup utility
- package management application
- web server
- Linux-friendly web hosting company
- Linux-based gadget
- desktop workstation
- "green" Linux product or solution
- Linux Journal column
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
Getting Started with DevOps - Including New Data on IT Performance from Puppet Labs 2015 State of DevOps Report
August 27, 2015
12:00 PM CDT
DevOps represents a profound change from the way most IT departments have traditionally worked: from siloed teams and high-anxiety releases to everyone collaborating on uneventful and more frequent releases of higher-quality code. It doesn't matter how large or small an organization is, or even whether it's historically slow moving or risk averse — there are ways to adopt DevOps sanely, and get measurable results in just weeks.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Django Models and Migrations
- Hacking a Safe with Bash
- Secure Server Deployments in Hostile Territory, Part II
- Huge Package Overhaul for Debian and Ubuntu
- The Controversy Behind Canonical's Intellectual Property Policy
- Home Automation with Raspberry Pi
- Shashlik - a Tasty New Android Simulator
- Embed Linux in Monitoring and Control Systems
- KDE Reveals Plasma Mobile
- diff -u: What's New in Kernel Development