Port Linux onto an iPod
iPodLinux is an open source venture into porting Linux onto the iPod. To date, the group has successfully ported a customized uClinux kernel to the iPod, and written a simple user interface for it dubbed podzilla that allows you to play music, file browse, view images, and of course much more.
iPodLinux currently works on all iPod generations with the exception of the 2nd/3rd generation iPod Nano, 6th generation iPod classic, all iPod shuffles and the iPod Touch.
Carlie Fairchild is the publisher of Linux Journal.
- High-Availability Storage with HA-LVM
- DNSMasq, the Pint-Sized Super Dæmon!
- Real-Time Rogue Wireless Access Point Detection with the Raspberry Pi
- Localhost DNS Cache
- March 2015 Issue of Linux Journal: System Administration
- Days Between Dates: the Counting
- Resurrecting the Armadillo
- The Usability of GNOME
- Linux for Astronomers
- You're the Boss with UBOS