Linux Journal Insider is readers' monthly peek at what to expect from the latest issue of Linux Journal. Our ever-entertaining editors Shawn Powers and Kyle Rankin give listeners the inside scoop on topics and articles.
Sponsorship of podcasts includes:
- Host setting up the segment to include mention of the sponsor.
- Host introducing listeners to the topics to be discussed during the podcast, transitioning to a 15-30 second detailed message for the sponsor.
- Host mentioning sponsor at the end of the segment, reminding listeners to support our sponsor and visit their website, giving out sponsor's URL.
- The sponsor's name and logo (clickable to their website) featured on the podcast download page.
Contact your sales rep today for pricing, timelines and booking information. +1-713-344-1956 ext. 2.
Fast/Flexible Linux OS Recovery
On Demand Now
In this live one-hour webinar, learn how to enhance your existing backup strategies for complete disaster recovery preparedness using Storix System Backup Administrator (SBAdmin), a highly flexible full-system recovery solution for UNIX and Linux systems.
Join Linux Journal's Shawn Powers and David Huffman, President/CEO, Storix, Inc.
Free to Linux Journal readers.Register Now!
- Download "Linux Management with Red Hat Satellite: Measuring Business Impact and ROI"
- Astronomy for KDE
- Profiles and RC Files
- Understanding Ceph and Its Place in the Market
- Maru OS Brings Debian to Your Phone
- Snappy Moves to New Platforms
- OpenSwitch Finds a New Home
- Git 2.9 Released
- What's Our Next Fight?
- The Giant Zero, Part 0.x
With all the industry talk about the benefits of Linux on Power and all the performance advantages offered by its open architecture, you may be considering a move in that direction. If you are thinking about analytics, big data and cloud computing, you would be right to evaluate Power. The idea of using commodity x86 hardware and replacing it every three years is an outdated cost model. It doesn’t consider the total cost of ownership, and it doesn’t consider the advantage of real processing power, high-availability and multithreading like a demon.
This ebook takes a look at some of the practical applications of the Linux on Power platform and ways you might bring all the performance power of this open architecture to bear for your organization. There are no smoke and mirrors here—just hard, cold, empirical evidence provided by independent sources. I also consider some innovative ways Linux on Power will be used in the future.Get the Guide