Playing poker on Linux
First published at:
Linux is always gaining popularity on the desktop. Playing poker on Linux isn’t that hard and you’ve got a few options:
1. Find something web or flash based. Poker Room, Euro Poker and Hollywood Poker are a few examples of sites that offer that.
2. Java is a cross platform SDK. Absolute Poker, Party Poker, Poker Room, and quite a few others offer Java play.
3. Wine. I managed to get my favorite poker site Titan Poker working perfectly in Wine. Here are instructions for debian based systems:
apt-get install wine
It’s that easy! If you get a regsvr32 error during setup, it is safe to ignore it.
Double click ‘Titan Poker’ which will now have appeared on in ~/Desktop/Titan Poker
It works well, graphic and game quality is the same as Windows, sound also works with the right Wine configuration.
If any online players are reading, I’d personally recommend signing up at Stoxpoker http://www.stoxpoker.com as a fantastic training site.
For more information, have a look at:
|Free Today: September Issue of Linux Journal (Retail value: $5.99)||Sep 27, 2016|
|nginx||Sep 27, 2016|
|Epiq Solutions' Sidekiq M.2||Sep 26, 2016|
|Nativ Disc||Sep 23, 2016|
|Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told||Sep 22, 2016|
|The Many Paths to a Solution||Sep 21, 2016|
- Free Today: September Issue of Linux Journal (Retail value: $5.99)
- Readers' Choice Awards 2013
- Android Browser Security--What You Haven't Been Told
- Epiq Solutions' Sidekiq M.2
- The Many Paths to a Solution
- Downloading an Entire Web Site with wget
- Securing the Programmer
- Nativ Disc
- Tech Tip: Really Simple HTTP Server with Python
Pick up any e-commerce web or mobile app today, and you’ll be holding a mashup of interconnected applications and services from a variety of different providers. For instance, when you connect to Amazon’s e-commerce app, cookies, tags and pixels that are monitored by solutions like Exact Target, BazaarVoice, Bing, Shopzilla, Liveramp and Google Tag Manager track every action you take. You’re presented with special offers and coupons based on your viewing and buying patterns. If you find something you want for your birthday, a third party manages your wish list, which you can share through multiple social- media outlets or email to a friend. When you select something to buy, you find yourself presented with similar items as kind suggestions. And when you finally check out, you’re offered the ability to pay with promo codes, gifts cards, PayPal or a variety of credit cards.Get the Guide