Playing poker on Linux
First published at:
Linux is always gaining popularity on the desktop. Playing poker on Linux isn’t that hard and you’ve got a few options:
1. Find something web or flash based. Poker Room, Euro Poker and Hollywood Poker are a few examples of sites that offer that.
2. Java is a cross platform SDK. Absolute Poker, Party Poker, Poker Room, and quite a few others offer Java play.
3. Wine. I managed to get my favorite poker site Titan Poker working perfectly in Wine. Here are instructions for debian based systems:
apt-get install wine
It’s that easy! If you get a regsvr32 error during setup, it is safe to ignore it.
Double click ‘Titan Poker’ which will now have appeared on in ~/Desktop/Titan Poker
It works well, graphic and game quality is the same as Windows, sound also works with the right Wine configuration.
If any online players are reading, I’d personally recommend signing up at Stoxpoker http://www.stoxpoker.com as a fantastic training site.
For more information, have a look at:
Webinar: 8 Signs You’re Beyond Cron
11am CDT, April 29th
Join Linux Journal and Pat Cameron, Director of Automation Technology at HelpSystems, as they discuss the eight primary advantages of moving beyond cron job scheduling. In this webinar, you’ll learn about integrating cron with an enterprise scheduler.Join us!
|Android Candy: Intercoms||Apr 23, 2015|
|"No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care||Apr 22, 2015|
|Return of the Mac||Apr 20, 2015|
|DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts||Apr 20, 2015|
|Play for Me, Jarvis||Apr 16, 2015|
|Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites||Apr 15, 2015|
- DevOps: Better Than the Sum of Its Parts
- "No Reboot" Kernel Patching - And Why You Should Care
- Return of the Mac
- Android Candy: Intercoms
- Drupageddon: SQL Injection, Database Abstraction and Hundreds of Thousands of Web Sites
- Designing Foils with XFLR5
- Non-Linux FOSS: .NET?
- Play for Me, Jarvis
- Consent That Goes Both Ways